PIDG is currently seeking a maternity leave replacement for a period of 12 months for the position of Sustainable Development Impact Adviser / Senior Adviser. This full-time position is based in London and will report to the Director, Sustainable Development Impact
The main purpose of the role is to support the Impact function in the early-stage review of the sustainable development impact of prospective investments. The individual will provide expertise in the assessment of impact from investments (ex-ante and ex-post) with relevant subject matter expertise in infrastructure sector. Thematic expertise on climate, nature and inclusion would be an advantage.
Role and responsibilities
Sustainable development Impact Review of prospective investments:
- Provide quality input to the regular ex ante review of prospective deals as part of the well -established sustainable impact screening process.
- Conduct analysis and research on specific investments or themes to support or quality assure impact claims and draft summary assessments in agreed formats.
Monitoring, assurance, evaluation and learning:
- Support the delivery of key evaluation and learning work such as project evaluations, lessons learning products etc.
- Support and help coordinate assurance exercises related to sustainable impact reporting.
- Contribute to a suite of knowledge sharing and outreach products such as workshops, reports, presentations etc.
- Support sustainable development impact portfolio analysis and development of portfolio sustainable development impact measures and dashboards.
Contribution to PIDG Sustainable Development Impact team:
- Conduct research on specific themes, countries and sectors to support Group initiatives.
- Contribute to continuous development of PIDG Impact team as a center of excellence in infrastructure investment.
- Contribute to the overall work of the Development Impact team and network across PIDG.
Qualifications and education requirements:
- Degree in a relevant economics, finance, statistics, social science, international development discipline, environmental or climate related discipline.
- Advanced degree in one of the relevant disciplines (desirable).
- Relevant certification in quantitative data analysis and presentation (desirable).
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant field, preferably within development finance institution, (impact) investment or management consultancy industry.
- Experience/understanding of private sector development, impact management and achieving development outcomes through investments.
- Demonstrable and extensive experience of research and quantities analysis in relevant fields, including visual presentation of data.
- Experience/understanding of the infrastructure sector is desirable.
- Experience/understanding of assessing climate change risks and impacts of investments is desirable.
- Work experience in developing countries, preferably in Africa and South Asia is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for delivery of high-quality deliverables, organising self and others to meet agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while working with ambiguity.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently on multiple projects.
Application deadline 8 December 2023
PIDG is an equal opportunities employer and values the diversity of all its employees, associates, owners, service providers, and customers.