- All residents report feeling safe at Qwetu. This strong sense of safety is attributed to the presence of surveillance cameras, competent security staff and the use of access cards. Half of female respondents say they love the security at Qwetu.
- Nearly 80% reported an improvement in their quality of life.
– ”The fact that I don’t have to worry about things like availability of water gives peace of mind and lets me focus on my studies. Also, the availability of internet at all times has contributed to a comfortable learning environment ” – Male resident.
– Access to utilities, improved social life and an increased level of independence were the top reasons given for improvements in quality of life, when students were asked to describe the changes they have experienced as a result of living in Qwetu.
– “Well, it has improved my sense of independence. Being able to manage my time and have a balance between fun and study my myself is an improvement for me.”– Female resident.
– 75% report their ability to learn or study has improved due to improved access to study areas and internet.
– “It has been easier to do schoolwork because I am well connected to the Wi-Fi and constant electricity.” – Male resident.